Saturday, November 11, 2006

saturday stuff, part ii

It's just wrong to have this much energy on a Saturday morning. I'm blazing through my list, tasks falling to the strikethrough of my PaperMate stickball pen. Silly, to be this excited about doing chores. Hmmm.

Anyway, I'm not going to address in this entry any of the more thoughtful topics about which I'd hoped to blog. That would require too much distraction from the joy of housework! I'm certain my energy will wane later today, and contemplating deep thoughts will be a nice respite.

Instead for now, I'll just make this observation. As I listen to the shuffled songs of my iTunes library, I am struck by two simultaneous thoughts.

Thought 1A. It's great to hear the songs that, to this point, have not been on iTunes/my iPod (which I use at work). It makes the random combination that much more interesting, and I get to listen to music I like that I just haven't listened to much.

Thought 1B. The new additions to the shuffle seem to intensify my awareness of all the music that hasn't been added yet. I hear a recently imported track, and it makes me think about another album by the artist or a different artist.

It's a paradox. But I'll survive. Thought 1A is strong enough to get me through. Current song count: 5138.

"Holding Out for a Hero" by Frou Frou (interestingly, another cover song... this one a Bonnie Tyler song)

No comments: