I'm sorry, iTunes. I didn't mean to assume that you were the cause of my slow-going CD import project. In frustration, after my last entry, I decided to try using my DVD R/RW drive instead of the CD drive. And voila! Suddenly, whole CDs were importing in a fraction of the time! Songs could play during the imports without sounding crackly! The internet and all other programs ran freely without hesitation! Life is good again!
So, the song count has increased dramatically since my 32.5 songs per day average. Today's count is 4657! That's right, more than 500 songs additional since Tuesday night. I'm going to get so much done this weekend, I'm giddy with anticipation.