Thursday, November 24, 2005

thanksgiving day, part 2

A couple hours into it, and I've checked the first four items off my list; five if I include this entry.
  • Launder bathroom #1 shower curtain and liner
  • Drano bathroom #1 shower drain
  • Have breakfast
  • Laundry
  • Blog
I am grateful for a home with heat, running water, and electricity. For cable TV and high speed internet. For a washer and dryer right here that doesn't require me to take clothes and linens outside of our home to clean. For Quaker Oatmeal Strawberries and Mango cereal, skim milk, and orange juice. For Drano -- what practical chemistry! For thick towels, two full bathrooms, and the smell of warm laundry. For four cats who help me with all my chores and remind me to stop once in a while to pet them and hear them purr.

Like I said, completing the entire list today is pumpkin-pie-in-the-sky (much as I love pumpkin pie, we're having apple pie tonight). But I'll give it a shot. Off to the CPGA to assemble stockings. Back in a bit. Here's the next cornucopia. Colorful, isn't it?

No comments: