Tuesday, December 20, 2005

the perfect food

Consumed with a docket full of projects this morning, I did not eat breakfast. No big deal, although I do try to eat breakfast every day (fuel!). Lunch time rolled around, and I decided to save my money and simply partake of my breakfast. Although I always enjoy this combination, it seems especially marvelous today. Perhaps because it's out of context.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Francis Bacon

Clementines are just the best. They're perfect. Aromatic, easy to peel, seedless (well, mostly), juicy without being messy, and delicious, delicious, delicious. Maple and brown sugar oatmeal complements this fruit in a way that I can't even describe. A cup of skim milk to round it out, and the scene is set for a wonderful afternoon. Maybe I should have breakfast for lunch more often.

Mmmm. Yum.

No comments: