Ponder that, and these, now.
I started this list on Thursday night, hence the answer to #1 (I slept in until 6:10am today). But I haven't had the chance to finish it until now. It's Sunday morning. It snowed last night, and because it's Sunday morning, nobody has plowed anything. My list for the day includes breakfast at Wilton Diner with Ted, a pedicure at Elizabeth Arden, a visit to the car dealership to sign papers for Ted's new car, and work at my office.
1. What time did you get up this morning? After Ted showered, about 4:20am. I wanted to (and did) get to work early today.
2. Diamonds or pearls? I'd have to say diamonds, but unusually shaped ones. I like non-traditional pearls, too (pink, black, seed-shaped, etc.).
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? "Chicken Little." Wait, no, it was "Rent."
4. What is your favorite TV show? This doesn't specify past or present. Present, "Monk" and "House." Tony Shalhoub and Hugh Laurie are genius. "Bones," too. Re-runs, "Frasier." A not-too-old classic. I'll admit to guilty pleasures like "Lost" and "American Idol," too. I'm not ashamed.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Quaker Oats Cinnamon Roll oatmeal, two clementines, skim milk. Sound familiar?
6. What is your middle name? Ann.
7. What is your favorite food? This is a tricky question. Does it refer to a single food or an entree-type dish? Something from a great restaurant or comfort food? In any event, it depends. I'm a sucker for hummus and pita bread. Chicken Mushroom Magic is always good. Sometimes, a perfectly ripe bunch of grapes is heaven. Salmon in nearly any form.
8. What foods do you dislike? Not fond of anything so spicy it literally burns my mouth. Anything intentionally consumed even though it's bitter. Foods that have turned against me in my old age (onions, corn, blueberries). I adore blueberries. Sad.
9. Your favorite Potato chip? I'm not a potato chip fan. If I had to choose a salty snack in lieu of potato chips, it would be either Kirkland Signature (Costco) Rice Crackers (seriously yummy) or Tostidos Hint of Lime Corn Chips (lime... what a great idea).
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Fiona Apple "Extraordinary Machine."
11. What kind of car do you drive? The Boom Box (Scion xB).
14 Favorite drink? I rarely have mixed drinks. Last time was probably seven years ago, and it would have been a Tangeray & Tonic.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be? Got to go to Australia in 2004 and Hawaii in 2005. Alaska is on the calendar for 2006. Hope to do Europe (Ireland, Scotland, England, Spain, France, etc.) sometime in not-too-distant future. Don't know if there will be a chance to go to Africa but maybe someday.
16.What color is your bathroom? Boring beige like everything else in a rented apartment.
17. Favorite brand of clothing? We Be Bop. Famous designers don't make clothes that fit me. Too bad because I spend money on clothes!
18. Where would you retire? Seattle (ahhhhhh...).
19 Favorite time of day? Late night. Although I love sunrises, I see precious few of them.
21. Favorite sport to watch? I believe that I am contractually obligated (via my marriage vows) to say Seattle Seahawks' football! Actually, I really like watching hockey and (don't laugh) curling. I'll get my quadriennial fix watching the games
in Torino next month. Woo-hoo, curling!
22. Who do you least expect to send this back? Not applicable, as I'm not emailing it directly to anyone.
23. Person you expect to send it back first? See answer to #22.
24. What laundry detergent do you use? Kirkland Signature Clout (Costco).
25. Coke or Pepsi? Fresca. My favorite for years and years. I don't drink brown stuff (Hi Rina!).
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? Definitely night owl.
27. What size shoe do you wear? 8½ wiiiiiiddddddde, not that anyone makes good, attractive, comfortable, flat shoes in nice styles and good colors in this size. I used to have a great shoe collection. Now, they're all darkly colored shoes that bear a
frightening resemblance to orthopedic Oxfords. I need chiffon lemon yellow leather flats with studs and rhinestones over the toes! Multi-colored sequin covered black cotton China slippers! Kelly green suede Peter Pan shoes with pointy toes and a big flap folded over the top! I miss fun and colorful shoes! Sorry. I digress.
28. Do you have pets? Yes! Why doesn't this question ask what kind of pets and what their names are? I'm going to answer anyway! Four cats -- Milo, Sadie, Flannery, and Chester. There!
29. Any new and exciting news to tell everyone? Not particularly. Sorry to disappoint.
30. What (who) did you want to be when you were little? Concert pianist.
31. Favorite Candy Bar? Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (not technically a bar, but I think this answer still qualifies).
32. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Babysitter, retail cashier, retail department manager, bank microfiche-r, cafeteria deli sandwich maker, house cleaner, pool cleaner, porch painter, video store clerk, office receptionist, DJ (radio and club), radio station music director and general manager, record store manager, magazine music critic, college admissions counselor, database clerk, telemarketer (3½ weeks, and I quit over the phone), promotions and public relations manager, office manager, regional administrative manager, help desk technician, help desk manager, website developer, training manager, conference planning manager, freelance desktop publisher and resume consultant. Hmmm... did I miss anything?
33. Favorite season? Autumn, but each season has its good parts.
34. Nicknames you've had? Kel, Kelly-Bell, Bits (Hi again Pur-Rina/Kibbles!), Sissy (a brotherly nickname that did not emerge until adulthood, oddly enough)
35. Piercings: Five and a half. Two in my left ear, three in my right. I attempted to pierce a fourth in the right myself, but wasn't wholly successfully. Wore five tiny silver hoops for years. Took them out a long time ago and, with the exception of annual company holiday party, I no longer wear earrings at all. But the holes are still open.
36. Eye color: Hazel with gold starbursts around my pupils. They look particularly green if my clothes are green.
37. Ever been to Africa? See answer to question #15.
38. Ever been toilet papering? No. I so completely don't see the point.
39. Love someone so much it made you cry? Heavens, yes.
40. Been in a car accident? Unfortunately, yes.
41. What's a question no one has ever asked you? "Why don't you throw caution to the wind and follow your dreams?" My family and friends are far too practical, methinks.
42. Favorite day of the week? Thursday. I'm usually very productive, and the weekend is in view.
43. Favorite restaurant? OK, this is another vague question. Favorite restaurant local to my current home? Independent or chain? And for what type of restaurant need? OK, now I'm just being a pain. Some of my favorites that immediately come to mind are the Third Floor Fish Cafe in Kirkland, Washington; JaK's Steakhouse in Issaquah, Washington; Aria, Chicago, Illinois; Amerigo, in Norwalk, Connecticut; Telluride in Stamford, Connecticut; The Kingston 1686 House in Kingston, New Hampshire.
44. Favorite flower? Too many to list just one. Color! Fragrance! Buds of joy!
45. Favorite ice cream? Ben & Jerry's "One Sweet Whirled," although I don't think I can use that anymore seeing as they discontinued it. POUT! Their "Oatmeal Cookie Chunk" is pretty fabulous. And Friendly's Peppermint Stick ice cream rocks for the holidays.
46. Disney or Warner Brothers? Disney, particularly in the originally short-lived, then apparently ill-fated, but now saved collaboration with Pixar.
47. Favorite fast food restaurant? OK, NOW they get specific about the type of restaurant (see question #43 rant). I miss BurgerMaster in/around Seattle. It wasn't as fast as the gawdawful Mickey D's, but the quality burger was amazing. The closest thing in Connecticut is Duchess, and although their burgers are pretty good, they make a mean chef salad that I love. In a pinch, Wendy's broccoli and cheese baked potato is very fast yet comfort-foody.
48. What color is your bedroom carpet? The same light blue-ish/gray that covers the floors in every room of this rented apartment (see question #16) except the kitchen and bathrooms.
49. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Passed first time out, although I did fail driver's ed once because I didn't do the homework. How sad is that?!?
50. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? I didn't get this via email.
51. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Costco.
52. What do you do most often when you are bored? Surf the web.
53. Bedtime? Don't have one. I'm usually up until around 12:30am, but sometimes (and oddly, on Fridays), I'll be in bed before 11:00pm.
54. Last person you went to dinner with? Ted, Thursday night at Outback in Wilton.
55. Ford or Chevy? This is a trick question, like #25. My answer is Toyota. If forced to choose between Ford and Chevy, I'd pick Jaguar.
56. What are you listening to right now? "We Belong Together" by Gavin DeGraw. Funny, one of the reviewers on iTunes emphasized that Gavin had written this song way before Mariah Carey's song of the same title. But when I first heard the title, I thought of Pat Benatar (although admittedly, that song is titled "We Belong"). There I go, dating myself again.
57. What is your favorite color? I love lots of colors together, especially jewel tones. For individual color, I'd have to go with purple.
58. Lake, Ocean or River? Any body of water, although I feel very connected to lakes.
59. How many tattoos do you have? None (spinning needles full of ink ripping through skin... not my idea of a good time).
60. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Is there a reason I should have an opinion on this question?
61. How many people are you sending this email to? Again, not an email. How many people will read it? Heaven only knows.
62. Favorite cocktail? The modern (and some would say imposter) Margarita (because I like it frozen). Lots of salt and lime. With Mexican food. OK, I am so completely not original. On a related note, has anyone else noticed that Gwenyth Paltrow's daughter is one letter away from being a trendy cocktail?
63. Red or white wine? For years, I stuck to white, but recently, I've embraced reds. Bear in mind that I have wine approximately once every two months. So I'm hardly a connoisseur.
64. Republican or Democrat? Independent (ref. #25, #55). Life is not an either-or proposition.
Unfortunately, despite a Seahawks victory last night, I woke up this morning sick. Sore throat, can't talk, upset stomach. What I'd really like to do today is crank the heat, wrap up in a blanket and a couple cats, watch DVDs, and sip tea. But no rest for the weary, so off I go.