Sunday, February 07, 2010

finding the heart

Last weekend on the drive to Mom's house, my attention was captured by what appeared to be a broken heart fashioned from wood and mounted on a tree by the side of the road. At the time, I had a full 'to do' list, and wanted to stay on track. Onward I drove.

I found myself thinking about the display of art/affection during the week, though. So, today as I headed back home after visiting Mom, I made it a point to stop. That is, after I scoured the treeline of a tree-lined road for 20 miles before finding the right tree -- while driving in the opposite direction. I made a couple u-turns in the process. But on the day of the Big Game (and because I was in The Sticks, New Hampshire), there was no traffic with which to contend.

Upon closer inspection, I discovered messages.

"It's broken worst than you know"

"I love you"

"Thier is no distance so far apart"

"You will alway have a piece of my heart"

Heartbreak is bad for spelling and grammar. But good for art. I wonder if the beloved is aware of this installation.

P.S. Finally photos from my new camera. This occurred because today I also procured a new computer.

No comments: