Saturday, April 21, 2007

forehead slap

Now I've gone and done it. Go to bed early, and what do I get? Awake before the freakin' crack of dawn. Even though daylight is starting to filter in now, it was nowhere to be found at 5:15am when, bleary-eyed, I bid 'good day' to my husband as he headed to work. I could have gone back to bed. I mean, really, I didn't actually go to bed until about 11:00pm last night, so allowing myself to sleep until 7:00am wouldn't have been unreasonable. But no.

So, now I'm awake and needing to start on projects. Here's a partial list:
  • Closets/bureaus
  • Kitchen cabinets/drawers
  • China cabinets
  • Bookcases
  • CD racks
  • DVD/VHS racks
  • Art/photographs
  • Desks/filing cabinets
  • Games
  • Shoe racks
  • Old computer equipment
  • Rolling storage carts
  • Laundry room
  • Garage storage racks
Those shows on TV, you know the ones where they remove every item from a room, redecorate the room, get rid of all the unnecessary clutter, and then end up with a beautiful new, organized and pretty room? It takes them a crew of 15 people two long days to do that.

I'm just one person, who will occasionally recruit one more (Ted). Although I'm not going to redecorate (paint, buy new furniture, etc.), I am going to put things together for Goodwill, eBay, Freecycle, a yard sale, and -- big, important one -- packing things for our eventual move. This is going to take a long time!

That means I'd best get started now. I'll blog later. Maybe it'll be another day like I used to have where I blog to rest between projects and end up with four or five or six posts in one day. Maybe you won't hear from me again until May. Anything is possible. I'm flaky. And I like it.

Song: "Nowhere Warm" by Kate Havnevik
Reading Material: Who has time to read with a project list like this?
Other: It's only been eight hours since I last blogged, and I spent six of that sleeping. Nothing "other" to report right now.

No comments: