Thursday, January 10, 2008

obssessed

Michael Buble. Yup. I started listening to the "Call Me Irresponsible" album in whole, and I'm totally enamoured. This song is a cover of the Leonard Cohen song, and wow. I mean, wow. There's something about Leonard Cohen songs that make them very cover-able. For example, Mr. Buble's version of this song is (in my humble opinion) far better than Mr. Cohen's (no offense). Another example of this phenomenon is Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah," which is downright definitive (again, IMHO). I mean, all due respect to Cohen's song-writing ability. Maybe I'm just of the wrong generation or continent to see his appeal as a singer. But he's an incredible composer.

Anyway, I suspect that "I'm Your Man" has not been released as a single, and so there's no official Michael Buble video for it. That said, I found this great animation to it. Very cool.



P.S. If you've never heard of Leonard Cohen before, don't worry. You're not alone (especially in the U.S.). But here's an idea of how influential he's been in the music industry: He's being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year.

No comments: