Saturday, August 16, 2008

if i had a band, i'd name it 'how soon is now'

In some general web-surfing this morning, I found a Wikipedia category called "List of bands named after other performers' songs." I knew some: Godsmack, Beat Surrender, Radiohead, Hello Goodbye, Deacon Blue, Shakespeares Sister, Death Cab for Cutie, and a few others. But admittedly, I hadn't heard of most of them. Cool. That page also led me to discover the categories "List of bands named after places," and the ultra-cool "List of band name etymologies."

'Kay, Wikipedia -- not perfect, but sometimes pretty fun.

Oh, and I'm more inclined to name a band "I Sleep on My Heart."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Kel,

Long time no talk! I was just reading your "twitter" comments. Newburyport... ahhh, the memories. That place is so beautiful! I spent many shopping trips and fun filled days there with my grandmother before she passed away. Funny how memories are buried away deep in the recesses of the mind until randomly plucked up for your consideration by something as random as a friend's blog post! You put a smile on my face, friend! Thank you!
Meet-shell

kellycoxsemple said...

I'm glad to accommodate, Meet-shell. Hope the new season treats you well. :-)